Sunday, April 12, 2009

18 Months Old

Saylor turned 18 months old yesterday. She is such a cute little girl and we love her to pieces. I wanted to show pictures from all the different months of her life but I couldn't find half our pictures, then some wouldn't upload and it was taking to long, so I only did part of it. But I still wanted to update and record some of her favorite things right now.
Favorites:
Food: cheese, spaghettios, beans, cereal, candy, drinks (juice and drinking out of a straw), gum (always trying to find it and sneak into it), most fruits, cottage cheese, olives, pickles, marshmallows,little snacks like goldfish and pasta. She still won't really eat any meat (sometimes deli meats).
Animals: Horses, dogs, cats, birds, chickens, horses, pigs, monkeys, ducks and bears and all the fish at cabelas.
Things to do: Watch Sesame Street, play outside (cries at least twice a day to go out), play with her babies, listen to music, draw, jumping on beds, getting tickeled and chased, play with balls, loves the ABC's song, talk on phones, ( she walks around with them up to her ear and "talks" like crazy, its pretty stinkin cute) loves to count, nursery rhymes, ride on her little car, knock on doors, climb into things that she can sit in (like drawers, clothes baskets, suitcases, boxes) play with other kids, reading books, and get attention from adults.
Saylor Can:
Count to 5 (I say 1 then she will say 2, 3, 4, 5, although lots of times she will say 2 then 4 over and over)
Sing the ABC's in her own version. She says abcd, then chimes in with the song all throughout making up her own letters and sounds, but also says some of the right ones.
Climbs onto things now, she just learned how to do this in the last week (from Mag), now I really have to make sure things are put away.
Say a million different words and copy lots of the things we say (especially words she shouldn't say like poop and gay (thanks Linz) ( we really have to watch what we say now).
Sleep 11-12 hours still at night, take 1 or 2 naps a day.
Eats 3 good meals each day (except when she decides she isn't going to eat anything we try).
Run now, but not very fast, her short chubby legs just won't go no matter how hard she tries.
Give hugs and kisses and we love them.
Easter! Saylor loved all the candy. She started shaking an egg and when it broke open and the candy fell out, she started shoveling it in as fast as she could. She is starting to get sneaky with things she knows she is not supposed to have. She took off with a chocolate egg into one of the rooms and into the closet. That is where I found her trying to open it.
The egg she broke open.

Showing off all her goods.
Saylor and all her loot. She noticed all this stuff as soon as she woke up this morning and came out of her room. She immediately started going through it trying to eat some of the candy. This is her cute new Easter dress that I got for her and I have to say probably one of my fave purchases. Last night I went to go switch the sweater for a different color and they were both (dress and sweater) on sale for cheaper than what I bought them for, so I ended up getting money back and the sweater I wanted, it was a sweet deal.

Playing with her babies. She is giving it a kiss and hug in this one. This was Zach's baby doll from when he was a little boy. Zach's Mom saved it and gave it to us and Saylor loves it. It has been washed and cleaned but Zach had his way with it. There is marker all over the face and head that won't come off.
My sister in law gave this stroller to us and Saylor loves pushing her babies in it. She says "roller, ride baby" and then goes off flying. She can't steer it very well and crashes lots :)
She loved this tire swing at my sisters house and wanted us to push her all day.
We went to Utah for a few weeks to work and stayed with my sister and her fam. Saylor loves it there and played like crazy with her cousins. She also wanted to go outside every second because their neighbors have horses, chickens, dogs, and pigs and she always wanted to go see them. She wanted to wear my sisters cowboy boots. Once she got them on, she couldn't walk anywhere so she just stood there.
She loves to wipe at things so she is always trying to get a wipe or a kleenex and she walks around wiping her nose, saying nose over and over, or whatever else she thinks needs wiped I guess. I think Zach and I were cleaning at this time, so she started wiping things down too.
We went to Rexburg a few weeks ago and Saylor found this bear there and loved it. She tried packing it all around my families house, but it was bigger than her, so she mostly just fell over or on top of it.
She also loves glasses right now. She has a pair of sunglasses that we keep in the car for her and whenever the sun gets in her eyes or she sees Zach wearing his, she says eyes, but lately she has been calling them glass. While we were in Rexburg she found my sisters old glasses and was wearing them around upside down for a little bit. We think she looks pretty stinkin cute.
Don't you love her hair? This is what it looks like after I take out her pony tails. What a nerdy little girl.
1st Halloween and she did not want to get into this little outfit so she decided to scream.
5 days old and headed to our first doctors appointment.
2 days old and the screaming began for us :) We just thought it was because she didn't want to get dressed, little did we know, this was going to be our life for the next 3 months
One day old.
Sweet little baby, 3and 1/2 weeks old.
Saylor's blessing day December 1, 2007. The one and only picture we have of her not screaming in it. I am looking a little sleep deprived in this picture for some crazy reason.
1 st Christmas and hating life (2007)
One of her first attempts at crawling at 7 months old.
Just in case any of you forgot how chubby she was, here's a little reminder :) 6 and 1/2 months old.
Check out the arms and legs, they look like they could burst if you polked them :)
6 months old.

7 comments:

  1. 18 mos! YAY NURSERY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute, and getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Gosh she is so darn cute!! I love the dress. Every now and then I find outfits that I just love for my kids too. It gets really hard to give them away when they grow out of them. I can't wait to hug her and squeeze her in October!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant believe how big she is, time goes to fast. She is so cute and I lvoe her easter dress. So I am having a shower on May 6th...you should make plans and come for sure...please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh she is just so stinkin cute in her little Easter dress. I can't wait to see her in a couple weeks, oh and you guys too of course. :)

    ReplyDelete