The 2nd half on September was a rough few weeks for us around here. Casha got sick, I got sick and Saylor as well. It started with a weird flu bug. I couldn't get Casha to eat anything for about a week and a half and every time she did eat, she would have instant diarrhea. A few days later I got an awful stomach ache (luckily I didn't get the other part of it that Casha had). I got achy, had the chills and fever for a week. Every time I ate anything my stomach would hurt so bad and I didn't get an appetite back for about 2 weeks. Then after I got over the flu, Saylor got it and then we all got colds. The colds were lingering forever, so I made an appointment, and all three of us girls had sinus infections and Casha had a pneumonia. They put us all on antibiotics and slowly we all started getting better.
I did have a cool experience though while I was sick. A lady that had just moved into my ward and that I have never talked to before showed up on my doorstep one day with dinner for us. She said she had heard I wasn't feeling well and thought she would stop by and see how I was and bring dinner. I couldn't believe it, it was so nice of her and a great example for me on serving others. I still don't know how she heard I was sick but it was super cool and nice of her and because of that experience I have gotten to know her since.
Some more canning happened around here. Zach went to the church farms and grabbed another 2 boxes of pears for us. One day Say decided she was going to "help" and have some fun on her own with the pears. She played in this mess for about 2 hours.
Casha and Say LOVE being outside riding their bikes or digging in the flower beds. She had just woken up in case you can't tell from the lopsided hairdo :)
An "action" shot of Say riding on the bigger bike. She flies around on that thing like a crazy girl. You would think she has been riding for years the way she cruises around out front. She is trying to get new tricks down all the time. I love watching her and get a little scared at the same time as she dodges or barely misses mailboxes, cars, Casha or whatever else is in the path.
Casha loves to copy any of us. This time it happened to be Zach and I loved it. It was so cute. She climbed up next to him on the couch, studied him for a minute and then got in this position. She is such a funny girl. She stayed like that for quite awhile just watching football or whatever it was Zach was watching.
Casha has really been into the itouch, phones and my kindle lately. She is always trying to get a hold of them. We haven't let her actually play anything on them so when she gets a hold of them she doesn't really do much but scroll through the pages and starts pushing on whatever she can. This time it happened to be my kindle and she was so excited I didn't take it from her right away.
When she realized I wasn't going to take it right away then she made herself comfortable. I walked out of the room and when I came back this is how I found her.
She also said "yes" to us for the first time. To bad it wasn't in a good way. We were at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago and I always make her hold my hand in the parking lot but I had to let it go to unlock the car. When I let her hand go she started walking on the painted lines, which she usually does just right around our car when I let her, but when I told her to come back and get in, she took off walking as fast as she could. I started to go after her and then she took off running. I was scared/ticked/mad, ya know, all those feelings you have when your kid runs from you in a busy parking lot? So I grab her and start telling her she can't run in the parking lot and she has to stay by me because the cars can get her and all that stuff. I kept repeating myself saying, "Casha you don't run from Mommy, got it?" She looks up at me and yells in my face "YES." I couldn't believe it. That is the first time she had said yes to us and it was in a defiant way. I was so ticked at her and excited at the same time. Sometimes this girl is too smart for her own good. She totally got what I was saying to her and made sure to tell me what she thought about it. This one is a little monster I tell ya.



i love it. i wish i could have heard her say "yes"! hahaha
ReplyDelete