Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Trips

So we were lucky enough to be able to go on a trip back east. We went to Zach's house in PA and then I left Zach and Saylor and went on a trip to the New England states to see the fall foliage with 3 of my sisters and 2 of their husbands. This is Saylor with her cousin Savannah.
Zach with his neice and nephew.

Zach's parents and grandparents with all of the grandkids from Zach's family. I don't have very many pictures because I was only there for 2 days.
Saylor with cousin Gavin and "Mamaw"
Zach LOVED being home in PA and being with his family. He here is with his brother Seth (the one shooting the bow) and his bro in law Jason. I think they were outside 3 or 4 housrs shooting and getting things ready for Jason's hunt that weekend.

Our first stop, New York City. We only got to be here about 14 hours but it was lots of fun and we got to see quite a bit. We got there at like 10:00 o'clock Friday night and walked around time square til after midnight. My sister found an awesome hotel right on Time Square.
My sisters and I on the Subway headed out to go shopping. Left is Ang, then Holl, then Bird. So none of us planned that great for the weather and it was cold, so we were in the same jackets the whole trip.

Our next stop was Boston, MA. I loved Boston and the feeling there. It was so much fun. We were able to get tickets to a Red Sox game while we were there. It was awesome. We had box seats and there were 6 or 7 homeruns hit during the game. Zach was SO jealous and mad that I was at Fenway Park. I was sending pictures to him like crazy. It was a little weird being there because being a Yankee fan, I felt wrong clapping for the Red Sox, but it was still a sweet experience.
Fenway Park.

We went to the Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory in Vermont. The very first one. They take you on a tour and you get to watch them make the ice cream, then after you get to sample some. We loved it. The picture is red because I had my camera set on a "fall leaves" setting.

A picture of the leaves in Vermont. The colors were amazing. This was bright and early in the morning if you can't tell by our faces.
I had to throw this one in because it is so dang pretty .

Us trying a different pose because all of our pictures look the exact same :)

This store was so fun. It has the longest candy counter in the world and us girls were in heaven. We all loaded up like crazy and then each of us got stomach aches from eating too much. Well only the girls did :)
He were are in Maine. This was one of the coolest places we went. The houses were so awesome along the coast, then we found this light house. We drove by the Bush compound, which was really sweet to see (its the older Bush's vacation home).
In Maine, by the lighthouse. The waves were coming up and over these rocks, so we started playing chicken on them to see who could stay the longest before running. I usually won every time and that is saying something for those of you who know I am a wimp when it comes to water.

We went to Salem MA and this is about the only picture I took. It was not that exciting of a place and not much to take pictures of. We were all a little disappointed.

We also went to the Plimouth Plantation in MA and it was really cool. Here we are warming ourselves by the "fire" in the Wampanog village. The lady/worker/Wampanog wasn't here when we walked by so we snuck in here, then she came back while we were in here.
This is outside of Samuel Fullers house at the Plimouth Plantation. We searched all over the village looking for him and never could find him, so this is all we got. At this place there are workers who play the role of the people that came over on the Mayflower and they don't ever go out of character so we kept asking all of them where Samuel Fuller was and they kept asking us why we wanted to know. We would tell them that we were his descendants and they would tell us that couldn't be because he wasn't married. So then we started telling people that we needed to find him because we wanted to show him that he would have great looking descendants, but we never did find him.
This is all of us on the Mayflower II. It is a replica of the first one. We were sitting on a "bed" in this picture. They were tiny.

6 comments:

  1. Jean,
    I am totally jealous and excited for you guys! I am sure there was gallons of laughing with you four girls! It looks amazing out there. My sis in law lives in VT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pics!! If you get a chance, can you email me the one of grandparents and grandkids? Mom didn't get a good one with all the kids faces. We had a great time with Saylor. And, you and Zach of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My neck looks funny in the first picture. That was a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and cool trip you you were able to take. I have been to New York and that is always fun and exciting but the rest of New England looks so cool and what fun to go with your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean, the trip looked so dang fun! It was fun reading and hearing about all the cool things you guys did. I also love seeing all the pics, expecially the fall leaves ones. I love the fall here in Kansas too, me and Aidey-guy always try to find what we call "The prettiest trees."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, it looked pretty fun and i wished that i could have came with you guys, or at least gone to HOll's and been able to see everyone. What we sacrifice for kids....man! :) You did a good job on telling about the trip and posting some good pics. The ones on our family blog don't quite show enough. :) I bet Zach's family was excited to have Saybaby there huh? I forgot to ask you about that. SHe's stinkin cute and there is a little girl here that reminds me of Saylor, just thought i'd throw that in here too, cuz my message isn't long enough already. haha

    ReplyDelete