Monday, March 19, 2012

November

The month of November was a crazy one for us. We BOUGHT our first house. Wahoo!
Here we are signing and closing on the house. We only had to sign a million or so papers, but at the end we were official home owners! 
 The first 2 weeks of the month were spent packing. It was a hard thing to do, when we were still living in and using most of the stuff. So we packed up what we weren't using (and if Zach was around packing, stuff that we still were using)
 Say wanted to be in on the action of course. She was a great helper for the most part :)
Zach and Say walking in for the first time as homeowners.
 Casha and I going in for the first time.
 So we had the house for a week or so before we moved in. We wanted to do some projects and clean before officially moving in. The first thing we did was the kitchen cabinets. I'm not a fan of this color at all, so it had to go. We got started right away and started taking off the cabinet fronts and sanding our lives away.
 This is what the girls played in while we were there working every day.  Our friend/realtor brought it over so the girls would have something to do and they loved it and thought it was great.
 Zachary working away on the cabinets. We had never painted or redone cabinets so it was a learning process as we went.  
 Say hangin out and drawing while we were working/cleaning.
 Casha would end up in here most of the time. She just got into things most of the time and would make bigger messes while we were trying to clean them upl
 Zach decided to have a little burning session of all the paperwork and garbage we were cleaning out of our house. Well he decided it was a good time to show Saylor about throwing firecrackers into the fire (I know, seriously, she is 4 not 12). Well she got so comfortable playing in the fire that she decided to grab a hot coal and burned her hand. Zach is looking a little guilty in this picture. 
We were playing hide and seek with Saylor one night and Say and I couldn't find Zach. Eventually we found him, how he got himself up there we will never know. The real funny part was watching him come down though. He couldn't, he couldn't figure out how to get his legs and body out of that little space. Me and Say were rolling with laughter as we watched him.
Say and Casha dressing up in the midst of our crazy house. Casha decided that she wanted to dress up too and she wanted the full outfit, not just the skirt this time. It was pretty dang cute, and Say loved that her sister wanted to dress up with her.
So Zach and I stressed and stressed about how to paint our cabinets. We didn't want them to look like crap or like we had done it ourselves. We went back and forth on the best way to paint them and talked to a bunch of people, and then I had an awesome friend who offered to come and spray them for me. I was in heaven. This is a pic of the system Zach came up with to hang them in our garage so she could spray them. They turned out great, and we never could have gotten them to look as good as she did with the sprayer.
This is Zach taping everything off. We had her spray the bases as well.
Another one of everyone getting the kitchen ready for painting.
This was moving day. I forgot to take any pictures of the move itself, which we did with help from friends in one haul with all the big stuff. Then Zach and I finished moving all the rest of the boxes and small stuff by ourselves that morning. My sister Linz and her husband were awesome and offered to take our kids for the weekend so we could get everything moved and not have to worry about them. It was the biggest help ever. It saved us and made moving so much easier. (this is the house we moved out of, no pics of the new one, sorry)
3 days after we moved in, we headed to Rexburg for Thanksgiving. I have no pictures but 2 from the whole weekend because I thought I had forgot my camera and then found it the day before we left, so here is a pic of Zach and Say riding bikes at Grandma and Grandpa's. The weather was awesome so they got to go outside and play for awhile.
We had a gingerbread house contest. We didn't get to work on ours for very long because we had to keep stopping and taking care of our kids, so we didn't win, but everyone did love the roof I did :)
A not so great picture of the cabinets all finished with the hardware on them. We love how they turned out.
Saylor discovered what every kid eventually does, sliding down the stairs. She was in heaven, and I just let her have as much fun as she could. Who didn't love doing this as a kid? Say was flying down those stairs over and over.
She did this over and over and over for about 2 weeks straight.
Zach and I both decided to give it a try and I am not sure how kids can do it that many times. It hurts your bum so bad. I just decided to try it in the sleeping bag, but Zach being Zach decided to get a piece of cardboard and sit on it and go down. It didn't end up as great as he thought, and it hurt his bum pretty good too.
More updates to come!

3 comments:

  1. Oh this was hilarious Kerr! I loved reading about it all-but mostly i loved seeing all the fun pics! Like that one of Say crying her eyes out cuz she's is in pain and Zook is all like "whoops!". and that one of him all squished into that top shelf! AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this made me get all excited for you guys all over again. The thought of having your own house, and getting to do what you want in it. Ahhh, awesomeness! I would have loved to watch Zach climb out of that space! Holy crap, what the? How in the world did he get in it in the first place? And his system for the cabinets getting sprayed looks sweet! That was some good thinkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Redoing cabinets is a huge job. They look great! Congratulations on your first home. That's exciting!

    ReplyDelete