While I was at my parents house at the beginning of March Zach was working on a "secret project." I knew he was working on something, but he wouldnt' tell me what it was. When we got home at the end of the week, the door to the playroom was closed and there was a note to Saylor and Casha telling them that he wanted to make something for them that they could use and play with for lots of years. When we went into the room we found this awesome playhouse/fort (its called both names in our house :) Zach designed, cut and built the whole thing. There used to be a closet in its place.
Zach ripped out the closet the day we left to go to Rexburg and then worked like crazy the rest of the week to get it done. This wall was finished when we saw it at first, but I wanted it higher so Zach redid it for me.
He also ordered rocks and made the rock climbing wall.
The girls were in heaven and love playing in here and it keeps them entertained for a long time, especially when friends come over. We love it!
The slide is the biggest hit of all (and it is SUPER fast)! He put carpet on top and an electrical outlet underneath so they can have a light under there and also put up drywall.
Casha had to learn how to climb up a slide pretty fast, since its the only way she can get up there :)
He also built this tv stand, before it was just on the floor. I love having it off the floor. (Someday I will post a picture of it again once it is finished and painted)
Just a cute pic of Casha climbing up the slide!
A picutre of the underneath. And when its all painted and finished completely, then I will post a few more pictures. Right now, as of May 8, it still looks like it did from these pictures taken in March :) Someday I will get around to picking out the colors I really want to use and then I'll post some pics.
Zach did an awesome job and we love everything about it.
Zach did an awesome job and we love everything about it.



Jean
ReplyDeletepretty much the most awesome fort/playhouse EVER! Could you imagine if we grew up with such a thing? Way to go Zac!
Your kitchen work looks great too! Sorry for the wall frustrations. You two are workers. I love it!