Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Casha Casha Casha

 So I have to start this post with saying I love this girl like crazy, she makes me laugh every single day. She also makes me crazy every single day and has me watching the clock until Zach gets home most days. She is my little mischevious monster.  She only wants me most of the time, is the most defiant child ever, loves treats, candy, gum and chips more than anything else, is a good/bad eater (she will eat everything I give her, just on her terms, some days she loves it, the next day won't take one bite of it), she loves to tease Saylor, sneak into anything and everything she can, whatever we tell her to do she does the opposite, and throws a million tantrums a day over anything and everything that doesn't go the way she wants it too. I imagine Zach was the exact same way as a kid, there personalities are so much alike.   
 Today she figured out how to take off her shorts.  She did this over and over and over. I started telling her not too anymore (she then tries to take off her diaper or sticks her hands in her diaper) and getting mad at her because I was getting sick of putting them back on every time or listening to her tantrums when she couldn't get them back on.
 She started going behind the couch or into a bedroom and taking her shorts off, I would tell her to go put her shorts back on.  The first few times was pretty funny because she kept putting her legs into one pant leg and then falling when she tried to walk. She finally figured it out and got two legs in two holes. But they were backwards. And she couldn't get them up in the back.  She would walk around getting mad because they kept falling off in the back.  
 Whenever she had her diaper off, she would run to the bathroom and say "A potty Mom."  She didn't have to go, she is scared every time I put her on the toilet and wants off immediately. This continued all day long.
 This is her saying cheese to me.
This is how she walked around whenever she put her shorts on herself, trying to pull them up constantly.  
I also have to include a story that happened the other night. We ran to the grocery store and we were heading to the checkout lines. Zach and Saylor were ahead of Casha and I and already in a line about 4 or 5 checkout stands away. Casha kept asking for candy and treats and I kept telling her "no, come on we have to get Daddy."  She of course could care less what I tell her to do. So she slowly walks over to one of the checkout stands we were passing (they were all closed between us and Zach) and starts looking at the candy. I tell her no and to come on.  She stays there and I start walking off thinking she will follow (that usually never works with her, but I was hoping). She of course didn't so I turn around and go back and peek around the corner at her and she is trying to shove a Big Hunk candy bar into the pockets of her little shorts. I was pretty amused by this so I sat and watched for a few seconds to see it play out. She kept trying to get it in there and it wouldn't fit of course, so I say her name and she says "a treat Mommy."  I tell her no again and to come on. She stays where she is and keeps peeking out of the sides of her eyes to see if  I am watching. I pretend not too, to see what she will do and she grabs another candy bar and tries putting that into her pocket. At this point I go and take the candy from her and put it back, grab her hand and start walking toward Zach and Say. Casha of course hates her hand being held so she instantly starts trying to get away from me. I let her go and she starts walking really slow again, then makes her way over to another checkout stand we were passing, and tries the same thing again, trying to put candy bars in her pockets. At this point I couldn't even believe this was happening.  I didn't think she really knew what she was doing, but yep she totally knew and kept trying it.  After her trying this a few times, I grab her and carry her to the line where Zach was and put her down. She instantly starts going through the candy.  She comes across Tic Tacs (our emergency treats for church) and tries to put those in her pockets, I stop her and put them back, she instantly grabs them and tries opening them as fast as she can.  I was going a little crazy at this point. She kept looking at me with her look from the sides of her eyes and just kept getting into things. Luckily Zach finished paying at this point so we got to get her away from the candy. As we are walking out an elderly couple starts saying how cute her and Say were and trying to talk to them and Casha is instantly by my side holding onto me, but still saying hi to them.  She gets shy around people she doesn't know. If only I could just have someone follow her around trying to talk to her every time I went to a store, my life would be so much easier.  But since that isn't my option, I've just got to keep my eyes on her every second so she doesn't try putting things in her pockets without me seeing her now that she has figured out that is an option.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, a creative one! I must guess, but that store had to be walmart. It always brings out the best in people. Haha, right? Shoplifting/loss of patience/a million checkout stands, but only 2 working AND a bunch of customers yelling st their kids.
    Were you there,by chance around midnight? Llove it! Love your story too.

    ReplyDelete