
We got a swing set yesterday. Wahoo! Saylor wants to be outside all day everyday and we have nothing in our backyard for her to play with. We take out balls and after a few minutes, she is done with that, then bored. This is her playing on it after Zach got it finished last night (minus the slide, it didn't come with all the parts, so he has to figure out how to make it work and he was sick of doing it, so it will get done tomorrow).

Saylor was begging to jump the whole time Zach was putting it together. It was one of the first steps, so it was up and "ready" for her and all she wanted to do was jump. The rest of the swing set was shaking like crazy while Zach was putting it together, but Saylor was SO happy that she could finally jump. She loves having this in our backyard. When she woke up this morning the first thing she did was ask to look out her window to see her new swing set.

Saylor "helping" Zach put it together. She wanted to help with everything. Zach loved having her there helping too :)

Zach has been so busy with school the last couple of weeks, especially this one, so Saylor and I had us a girls night. We went to Sally's and Saylor got to pick out her 3 favorite fingernail polishes (they are $.99, oh yea) then we went home and painted our hands and toes. She loves having this done. The next morning she asked if we could take it off and do it again.

This is what Saylor has been looking like lots lately. In just her diaper or with her shirt or pants off. She has also been sportin the glasses almost everyday, everywhere we go and in the house. The other day we were out running errands and she wore them into 4 stores along with bracelets and necklaces. She also likes to wear hats or headbands, but mostly like this, not the correct way. She wants to be naked every second of the day, and throws a fit almost everytime we have to get dressed in the mornings. Its really fun :)

Easter morning, taking her first glance at her basket and opening her first egg to find candy. She didn't wait long, or at all and started going to town on the candy. That was after she had a bath, because she woke up soaking wet.

Later Easter morning, going for her first Easter egg hunt. It was freezing the day before so we didn't take her to the city one. We just did one around our yard. She LOVED it and has asked to do one everyday since :)

Checkin out her eggs after the big hunt.

We also dyed easter eggs that day. She loved that as well and thought it was so cool. She wanted to do every egg and put them in every color about 30 times each.

Say in her Easter dress. This was actually taken today since we didn't have church on Easter.

Zach and Saylor getting one of his rockets ready to launch. This is Zach's new found hobby that he loves. To bad it has been windy here every day so we never get to go and do them.

A few weeks ago, Zach's Mom came to visit for a few days. Saylor loved having her here. She played and played with and took her outside, and to the park and nonstop attention. I loved it as well, I got a break from doing all that :) Plus Zach and I got to go on a date. It was awesome.

Another of Saylor's latest. She has been asking to go swimming and to the beach every day for the last few weeks. We haven't ever been to the beach with her, so I'm not sure where that came from but she continues to ask us. We keep telling her it has to be hot outside to go. Well one day she goes in her room and comes out with all her swim stuff. She has the bottoms of both swimsuits on under the swim dress.

The weather here hasn't been the greatest lately. We have had rainy, overcast, windy and a couple of snowy days. Every time it has snowed, Saylor goes and get her boots out of the closet and asks to go out. She loves eating and playing in it, so she loves when it snows. I usually just watch her from the window :)
The other big news is that we got rid of her binky. It was long overdue. She has done really well with it, but does not take good naps anymore (sometimes not at all) and wakes up almost an hour earlier in the mornings and goes to sleep and hour or more later at nights. I love her not having it, but I hate the sleeping part of it. Oh well I guess, its our own fault for waiting so dang long.
This was a fun post Jean. I love the picture of Saylor with the headband and sunglasses. Cracked me up. I'm glad you guys had a fun Easter. We did too.
ReplyDeleteYES! I laughed and laughed at that one too! I love all these great pics kerr-they are hilarious! And you got her a cute easter dress-love it!
ReplyDeleteJean, the swing set is awesome! I love the tramp thing on the end. Cruiz would LOVE that. He wants to jump everywhere he goes, so I know he would go crazy over it. Plus, dang Saylor is cute! In every picture, I just think how cute she is. I love the pic of her dying Easter eggs. Zach is in the background looking so proud. I love it!
ReplyDeleteThese were fun pics to see, and to hear about everything. That's so sweet you guys got a swing set. How would it be to have a nice fenced in yard like that? Jete saw these pics and he looks at me and goes "Mommy, I want to go play with Saylor, on those toys with her!" It was pretty funny. Hey, you didn't tell me that you guys took her bink away. Nice work! Hopefully she'll get back into the routine of things quick, cuz torch without sleep for you. :) Oh and i was gonna ask you if she was doing "you'll never get past me" in that picture with her sunglasses and headband on? HAHA
ReplyDeleteI just love looking at the pics of Say. (BTW, I love that nickname for her. So cute! We call Savannah "Sav" a lot. Just easier.) She is getting so big. I also love the random pics you send to my cell. I save them and show them to Heidi when she starts acting up when we are out in public. She "wants to see Saylor" (I swear those 2 knew each other very well before they came here). Can't wait to find out about baby #2!! Just think, a live baby doll for Say!! :)
ReplyDelete